Monday, October 21, 2013

1st Day of Training

Today's run consisted of 4 miles. Pace was a little on the slow side, but it is my first day. My average pace was 9:45. I know I will get better with time and training. I don't know if I am shooting too high, but I am hoping to run my marathon at 9:30-10:00 minute pace. Only my time and dedication will tell. I also got a good solid 7 hrs of sleep, they were very much needed. The night before I was up with the baby for about 4 hrs and the night before that I only got 4 hrs. of sleep. I think sleep will be the biggest challenge in my training. I just don't seem to ever be able to sleep a decent amount.The weather was a little bit cold and I ended up wearing my running jacket. I don't know why I opted to wear my jacket, I got hot and sweaty fast. Overall it was a good run, and it is always a plus when you can see the moon and the stars here in Bakersfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment